ORG Compound, Cotabato City/November 18, 2013. ‘From the People of ARMM.’ Responding the call of duty to extend aid to thousands of survivors affected by the first-ever recorded super typhoon ‘Yolanda (Haiyan) by the ARMM Government, the Regional Ports Management Authority (RPMA) has provided volunteers who helped and joined the repacking of relief goods at the regional compound in the city.
This was an inter-agency convergence on pooling of resources to purchase relief logistical needs and providing manpower to sort-out thousands of relief items such as rice, bottled water, instant noodles and canned goods and some traditional ready-to-eat pastries like ‘belwah’. A humanitarian assistance response team shall be dispatched by the ARMM government to bring the relief assistance to thousands of survivors on Tuesday, November 19. The ARMM humanitarian assistance team would join the ranks of hundreds of local, national and international relief volunteers giving aid to severely affected areas but least served in Samar and Leyte provinces, including Tacloban City which suffered the massive damage and huge loss of human lives at the aftermath of the monster typhoon.
As part of its commitment to respond aid in times of emergencies, the RPMA has donated P 25,000 relief fund for the said purpose.###
- Nightly Ramadhan Program June 6, 2018
- RPMA joins ARMM Mosque Exhibit 2018 June 6, 2018
- Turn-over ceremony of Lamitan City port expansion project January 6, 2017
- RPMA-ARMM EXECUTIVE/MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING October 8, 2016
- Armm Seaports Authority Convenes Basulta Shipping Lines, PMOs, TMOs/MPTBs, Cargo Handling Operators February 23, 2016